Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!!!

This year was my first year away from my own family for a holliday. It was a new and fun experience. I had a chance to sharpen my cooking skills and make some Butterflake Rolls and Cauliflower Dilly, two of my family's traditional family favorites. Luckilly, they turned out to be a pretty big hit :)

The rolls were a success





There were a lot of people at our dinner. We had to move into the church for our meal. I'm not used to so many people so it was nice to have some space. The church gym was a handy place to be since after the delicious dinner, we played volleyball, soccer and even a little frisbee.

PIE!!! :D




I admit, most of that cauliflower dilly was devoured by me....





Playing in the gym after dinner





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got some shots of the day. I didn't think to bring my camera and was bummed. I think you and I had equal share in snarfing the cauliflower. It was sooo good I'm taking it to my book club tonight. They're going to go nuts.

    ReplyDelete